Precision Bike Fitting
Precision Fit is an investment in the enjoyment of your bicycle, and a commitment to ride more comfortably, longer and faster than before. It’s all about getting you closer to your cycling goals, whatever they may be.
A proper, individualized fit helps you get there by idealizing your riding position for comfort and efficiency. While Precision Fit was developed to ensure professional athletes were in a position to put down maximum power to the pedals with maximum efficiency, experience has proven it has a much wider application to the average rider as well.
Pain is not a normal part of cycling, and while there is no one-stop fix for chronic discomfort and the hampered performance that comes with it, high-tech analysis and the insights of an experienced professional can go a long way to improving anyone’s experience on the bike.
Achieving your cycling goals will be easier with sophisticated analysis tailored to your body and riding style. This is where Precision Fit comes in. Precision Fit is more than a programmatic, computer system to adjust components and their position. It is a discussion, evaluation and analysis that leads to unique solutions to the different challenges of individual cyclists.
This Protocol is for your health and safety as well as everyone at Marty's Reliable Cycle. If you choose to not follow these requirements, please let our fitter (Jonathan) or Marty's Reliable Cycle know and your appointment will be cancelled. If you have a health problem which prevents you from wearing a mask, please contact Jonathan to discuss accommodations. Please refer to this article regarding the legality of businesses requiring masks: https://www.natlawreview.com/article/no-mask-no-service-ada-considerations-business-owners-requiring-face-masks-retail
- All Marty's Reliable Cycle employees wear masks both outdoors and on the retail floor. Access to the Fitting Studio is restricted to required personnel only. All surfaces, tools, Fit Bike etc. will be disinfected after each fit. Retail sales or repair customers will not be allowed in the Fit Studio without a Fit appointment or accompaniment by the Fitter.
- Only the Fit Client may attend the fitting. If you bring a friend or family member they will be required to wait outside. If you need to bring a second person due to special requirements (a parent bringing a child for a fit, etc) please contact Jonathan to make arrangements.
- Please come dressed in your cycling clothes and ready to ride.
- If a member of your household currently has Covid-19 or you have been instructed to self- quarantine by a doctor or public health official, your appointment must be rescheduled.
- All Fit Clients will have their temperature taken immediately upon entering the Fit Studio with a touchless forehead thermometer. Any person with a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit will have their fit rescheduled.
- Fit Clients who have respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath) will have their fits rescheduled. There is no way for Jonathan to differentiate between allergies, a cold, the flu or Covid-19. If you have any of these symptoms, please contact the shop to reschedule.
- Please bring a clean bike and clean, dry shoes to your fit appointment. If you bring other equipment (saddle , stems, etc) please be sure they are clean.
- The fit client will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands prior to beginning the fit.
- The interview portion of the fit will be done with seating set up six feet apart. The musculoskeletal exam will be thorough but since some portions of the exam will require direct contact, the fitter will wear latex-free nitrile gloves during this portion of the fit.
- The on bike portion of the fit will be done with as much social distancing as possible but will require direct contact. The fitter will not be wearing gloves during this portion but will use hand sanitizer often.
- If your bike requires mechanical work as a result of the fit (handlebar swap, new crankset installation etc) you will leave the bike at the shop and pick it up at the agreed upon date due to the high volume of repairs at Marty's Reliable Cycle.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
Precision Fit Philosophy
Do not leave your fit to a computer or a formula. Our professional Bike Fitter will put an emphasis on your goals ,preferences and physical needs , ensuring that you leave with a fit that yields exactly the benefits you want it to.
The Precision Fit Process
Precision Fit couples a personal understanding of your relationship with cycling and your bicycle with advanced sport science technologies and quantitative analysis. Precision Fit considers both preference and performance, making it applicable to anyone who is hoping to get more enjoyment from their bicycle.
Backed By Data
Our Precision Fit Studio has amazing tools designed to evaluate the sports top competitors, and our Fitter has the knowledge and experience to apply these tools to your fit experience.
Review left by Donna
Review left by Juliet